Thursday, July 9, 2009

Metal Church break up. (Tumbleweed blows by)

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=13215620&blogId=498997561

Metal church have broken up despite having an extremely dated sound. It may just be me but I can't stand thrash bands who use high wailing voices. Megadeth is the cleanest that I'll allow thrash vox to get, regardless of the quality of the riffs (Susperia, Testament and Overkill are exceptions). Yes people, I don't like Anthrax, Agent Steel, Kreator or Vio-Lence. I don't have a problem with power or glam metal bands, but if you're going to play fast and agressive music, then you need a voice with fucking balls, somebody like James Hetfield or Tom Angelripper.

Apparently they couldn't get anyone to sponsor their tours outside of their record label (which is currently bankrupt) since their sound is dated as fuck. Hell, their final show was the Rocklahoma Open Air which was practically an elephant graveyard for bands that nobody gives a crap about anymore. I'll admit that Overkill and Twisted Sister are fucking sweet but if you actually think that they are in any way relevant to today's metal scene then you're living under a rock.* Now if I grew up in the 80s, I might think that this festival was actually worth going to simply due to the nostalgia factor but I was born in 1987. Nostalgia to me would be the awful nu metal bands that I got into around the turn of the millennium, and having watched Limp Bizkit and KoRn's sets at Download, I can flat out state that my fond memories of those years have been defiled by the harsh reality that those bands sucked massive amounts of donkey cock.

Now even though I've been slamming MC, I will admit that they had some quality riffs and there were a lot of people who still liked them, even if they were all over the age of forty. Let this be a lesson to those of you who no longer pay for music, indie labels are likely to fall before the majors and if you want to keep the underground alive, then you should at least purchase the music that you've downloaded and liked. Granted, there could have been tour sponsors other than their record label, but there simply wasn't any money to be made in the Metal Church name anymore, leaving no room for outside assistance. So kids, buy the albums that you like or those artists will go away... and knowing is half the battle.

*Pryor, Oklahoma

No comments:

Post a Comment