Tuesday, August 25, 2009

This shit is real




\\\Maytag. A Sunn O))) tribute band that 's made not using instruments but by recording the sound of a refrigerator and then adding effects in post-production.

According to the last.fm page \\\Maytag came into existence when members of the Gamefaqs message boards decided got bored with creating topics claiming that their dad worked for Bungie and said that pink unicorns are going to be in the next Halo game* and instead came to the conclusion that Sunn O))) sounds like a broken fridge. Now regardless of my love for Sunn O))), I still laughed my ass off.

The best part of this is that \\\Maytag are not anywhere near as bad as you'd think that they are. It's borne from a dumb joke but it's also funny in an equally dumb way. I mean, they have a song title called, "Demons from Within (Your Fridge)." Tell me how that's not funny when it's mixed in with raw and necro production to give it that extra icy feel.

Oh, and they have a music video coming up that's supposedly a cover of a pop song. It's probably the worst idea involving anything musical since brokeNCYDE, but since when has quality ever deterred me from experimentation? And moreover, when has experimentation ever harmed me? (Other than the time when I tried my own low quality moonshine. The less said about that incident, the better.)


*My dad works for Bungie. And yes, pink unicorns are in the game. Trust me. I can't provide a source but I saw it when I went to his office after he picked me up from school and Master Chief fights pink unicorns. Ask me anything about the game and I can answer it. I'm only telling the truth if you're fourteen.

No comments:

Post a Comment