Thursday, September 24, 2009

Interview with Carmine Laietta V of Hull


One thing that can truly be said about Hull is that they're truly chill guys. I have nothing but respect for this band and wish them the best. Lead guitarist Carmine Laitetta V (I have no fucking idea what the V stands for) was cool enough to do an interview. Thankfully, I'm cool enough to post it.

UPB: What's it like to tour in a band that shares a name with the guitarists of one of your tourmate's non-touring projects?

Carmine: It sucks. But not because of Scott's name, just because ever time I say, "I'm in Hull" the people's response is always, "You're in Hole." And I say... "Yes, dick."

UPB: Now that you're signed to The End, what's the next step careerwise? Are there any bigger tours planned for the near future?

C: Yes, put our next album and make it more massive than out debut, and everything else out there while we're at it.

UPB: I notice your Yob shirt. There's a restaurant west of here on Belmont called Kuma's that has a burger named after them. You plan on checking them out tomorrow morning?

C: Hopefully! Although I did make some plans with a close old friend that we're sleeping with.

UPB: Are you ever planning on sticking a comb in your afro since everyone else today is walking around like that?

C: I own a pick with a fist. Need I say more?

UPB: Stoner metal is finally catching on due to the success of High on Fire and to a lesser extent, Red Fang. Do you feel that you might finally be the band that breaks the genre into the mainstream?

C: I don't count on it. I just try to write the best music I can. Keep challenging myself and the band. Hopefuly we find an appropriate audience. So far, so good though!

UPB: As the decade comes to a close, what do you think will be the next big metal trend for the 2010s?

C: I have no idea... We played with a band of youngsters the other night and they were clearly influenced by garbage like Attack Attack! That seems to be the newest trend now and I wnat nothing to do with it.

UPB: Have you started writing your next album yet?

C: Yes. You'll hear some shit soon.

UPB: What's your most interesting tour story so far?

C: My bass player and I got robbed at gunpoint in Cincinnati this past Sunday. Actually, 3 gunpoints! They took our phones, wallets and my camera that I was documenting the tour with. Sucks but I'm still walking around, breathing, with blood still pumping through my dick. I guess that's what really matters.

UPB: When do you plan to return to Chicago?

C: Very soon. I like this place but after we play tonight, we'll see if Chicago is still standing!

No comments:

Post a Comment